Sunday 24 July 2011

New Class List Done!

Well, the new class list is done and up on the website (www.quiltedbear.ca) . We've added some new classes like a traditional Amish favourite called a "Sunset Quilt" which will be made from Batiks, as well as some holiday classes to  make felted wool stockings and a beautiful "Snow Day's" Quilt using fabrics designed by Teresa Kogut for Marcus Fabrics. Check out the whole class list HERE and tell me what you think. Hope you'll sign up for one (or two!).


I think I am most excited about the addition of two new classes though, Sit n' Sew and Beginner Quilting for Men! As a male quilter, I know it can be a little intimidating at first getting involved in a craft dominated by women so I thought why not put together a class just for men! Quilting is a great creative outlet as well as a great stress reliever - both of which more guys need! I hope I get a good turn out for this one, so if you have any men in your life that you think would be interested send them my way!

The second new addition is not really a class at all. It's called Sit n' Sew (aka Stitch n' Bitch) and to begin with will be held on the last Sunday of each month. If it's a success I hope to make it a weekly event every Sunday. If you need a bit of space to lay out your large quilt, or just want to sit and sew your projects surrounded by like minded quilters and have some fun, then drop by. No registration required and no cost, just bring your machines and come on by. I'll even have a Tea n' Treat break provided by a local caterer to get us over the mid-day hump. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment